Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hello from Bend! - Central Oregon Vacation, Part I

Hey, everybody! I'm here at the Bend Barnes & Noble on the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot. Thought I would see how easy coffeeshop blogging is. The answer? Not that easy at all. It took me about half an hour to get everything figured out.

We arrived here in Central Oregon in the early evening on Thursday night after driving through a few light snow flurries at the peak of Santiam Pass. We spent the evening unpacking and checking out the house.

Our house pictured below has all kinds of windows to look out on the beautiful forest of pine trees. Anne-Marie has loved this because the house has a bird feeder and she can watch them fly back and forth for seed for hours. There's a squirrel feeder, also, that has been completely cleaned out as of this afternoon.

Friday, we went to breakfast at the Victorian Cafe, where their special is Eggs Benedict. I've never had them anywhere, but I'd have to say they were delicious. We drove through town to a few shops and the outlet mall. I got a great deal on some Nike athletic shoes that I wanted to have for our afternoon walk. Walking is my favorite thing to do when we're in Sunriver.

We got back from our walk and prepared hamburgers to cook on the grill. By the time they were finished, Anne-Marie's dad, Phil arrived and we ate. I think this was the best they've turned out in a long time! We sat around and talked away the rest of the evening.

This morning greeted us with rain. It only rains a few days a year in Sunriver, so I guess we'll just have to be grateful. Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow so we can drive around Mount Bachelor and hike around. For now, we're hanging out indoors at Barnes & Noble. I think I'll check the weather before my battery and/or Wi-Fi time runs out and then look at the history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment