Monday, August 31, 2009

Our travel itinerary, part two

We aren't quite sure what we'll be doing our nine days in Ethiopia. It looks like our tentatively planned trip to Harar--where Mariah and Elisha are from--will not be possible. This is due to State Department concerns in that area of the country. We will definitely be at the orphanage and at the guest house with friends and with our children. A lot will depend on how the kids adjust to us.

We leave for home late on Tuesday, September 22nd and arrive in DC for a four-hour layover early the next morning. I don't know what level of misery we'll all be on by then, but hopefully the chance to stretch out a little will be a good thing and not a bad one.

From there, we fly a quick one to Chicago where we have another layover: two hours this time.

An afternoon departure from Chicago puts us in Portland on the evening of Wednesday, September 23. Our car will be waiting with rear-facing car seats in the back.

1 comment:

  1. This is all so exciting! I wish we already had our referral so you could peek at our kids there, but we don't:(...enjoy, have fun, take lots of pictures and rest when you can. We will be praying for a safe journey to and from and also great bonding time with your kids - Jennifer and Bryan