Thursday, September 03, 2009

30

As I type this, I'm turning 30.

OK, Done. I just officially turned 30.

I can't help but picture in my mind a huge cake, lots of decorations and a crowd of people waiting to surprise the birthday boy. The unsuspecting guest of honor finally walks into the restaurant and the roof seems to blow off as the gathering of friends yell out the only acceptable word for the occasion: "SURPRISE!"

Round Table Pizza never saw such a party as friends, family, adults, kids literally fill the restaurant from one end to the other. 30 years old never saw such an honor, not at least in my memory.

That birthday boy was my dad. And I can't believe I could ever be that old. I remember it all like it was yesterday, or at least like it was less than 23 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment