Friday, March 29, 2013

Flashback Friday #8

I love this Easter post more now than the day I wrote it.

---

Saturday, April 03, 2010



If yesterday was Good Friday and tomorrow is Easter Sunday what do they call today?

Maybe "I'm-totally-confused-about-what-God-is-doing Saturday"?

'Cause you know that's how those eleven guys felt.

Anyways, I've spent the last week and a half to two weeks giving you my opinions. That's what they were: opinions. Or I guess you could call them positions.

Opinions are those things that we in the USA are so good at blabbing freely. We argue our position on a topic or event that's completely out of our realm of influence and know full well that it won't change a thing. In fact, a lot of the stuff we throw our opinions out on are things that, in the course of history, come and go and life goes on.

This is different than belief. What I believe defines who I am. If I say I believe it, popularity and politics don't really matter. I guess that means I should be willing to admit those things we never say. I don't believe in any political party. I don't believe in some particular legislation. I don't believe in the government. I don't believe in the economy. I don't believe in medicine. I don't even believe in myself a lot of times.

I believe Jesus came to Earth to die in our place and make our wrongs right. I believe He rose from the dead to give us a chance to experience this redemption personally. I believe in Calvary. I believe in Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment