Sunday, August 13, 2006

Miracle on Martinazzi

OK. Confession time.

A couple of mornings ago, I was driving down Martinazzi Avenue on my way to work. I was half asleep. (Poor excuse, I know.) I had gone through the intersection at Sagert and came over the crest of a hill and what did I see? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Problem was that there was a Tualatin police officer standing on the corner like a linebacker with a radar gun pointed directly at me. He was wearing a YELLOW shirt. He was surrounded by traffic patrol motorcycles. I don't know how it happened, but I saw him when I was about eight feet away. I glanced down at my speedometer hoping to see 25--30 at the highest!

37!

I would have to say that a speeding ticket is the last thing I need right now, but I figured I was about as guilty and as "caught" as I've ever been. It was time to face the consequences.

My friend on the corner put down his radar and just stood there. I think he was in shock. ("Here I am wearing a YELLOW shirt standing like Samurai Warrior on this unobstructed corner with four bikes to choose from and now I've got THIS joker!") He gave me a disappointed and condescending glare and shouted, "SLOOOOW...DOOOOWWWWNNNNN!!!" That was it.

Thank you, God.

2 comments:

  1. God cares about the little things too, aren't you glad!! I can't say that I have ever been spared from a ticket before but I also was going WAY OVER the speed limit and God knew I needed a different lesson than the one you needed! Anyway, our thoughts and prayers are with you guys everyday. God Bless!!

    Jason, Crystal, and the Boyz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to recall quite that you were taught a few lessons along those lines.

    Jason was the only guy who could crank seven seconds of squeal out of an 80's Rabbit. (Most of the time it wasn't even the fan belt!)

    ReplyDelete