Sunday, April 04, 2010

One of the worst parts of the Easter story

There's one part of the story Easter weekend that always gets me. That's when Jesus was laughed at.

I know that among all the betrayal, beating and blood this seems so minimal. Maybe the reason it always seems to get to me is because it's one of the few things that Jesus went through that day that I can relate to. Have you ever been laughed at? It hurts.

To be mocked and made a joke in front of people is one of the worst things I've ever experienced. But some of those relatively few times, I probably--at least in some way--brought it on myself. Jesus didn't. He was kind, peaceful, loving. All of those things that don't deserve scorn. But He endured it and forgave.

Who have I neglected to forgive? How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment