Thursday, January 27, 2011

Christmas 2010

Since it's been a month, I thought I would post a little about what happened at Christmas.

We decided that we would stay home this year.  So after all the parties and church events were over, we settled down in the house to enjoy a quiet Christmas together.  I guess it really wasn't that quiet.

Gifts were really low-key this year, but the kids had fun with it anyhow.  I think they're starting to understand that Christmas is a special day and that we are all going to have a lot of fun.  I don't think they understand anything about Jesus' birth yet.  We'll work on that over the next couple of years.

After a quiet couple of days leading up to Christmas, my brother Mike arrived in town with my mom and soon-to-be sister-in-law, Marie.  After eating several pounds of Chex Mix that night, we woke up early to take a trip downtown to the Seattle Children's Museum (resulting in what you see below).

Taking two toddlers on a road trip is exhausting, so we headed back to Pierce County for some good ol' Eye-talyan food.  It was great being together as a family.  Next stop: Fort Collins, Colorado for a summer wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment