Tuesday, May 17, 2011

darksayings is 5 years old!

Yes, the blog has been redesigned again. (Can you tell I love design work?) For those of you who are reading this right now on RSS or a reader, you might take the time to visit the actual blog page and take a look to see what I'm talking about.

The blog is now five years old and I think it has served its purpose more than I could ever imagine. The purpose, of course, was to tell the story of Anne-Marie's battle with cancer and the adoption process that followed. In the last year and a half since that all wound down, I haven't been blogging as much. That's due to many reasons:
  1. The kids keep me pretty busy
  2. A mild but three-year-long case of writer's block
  3. The explosion of Facebook and Twitter and the smartphones that support them
  4. Not sitting at a computer all day long for my job anymore
Reason #3 is bigger than we all realize. I subscribe to a lot of blogs. Some of those people post multiple things on Facebook every day and haven't blogged in six months. (And I haven't been much better at times.) I would say the number of blog posts that pop up on my reader as compared to two years ago is about half. But maybe I just need to subscribe to a fresh set of bloggers.

I know this is starting to sound like a farewell post. It's not. Just a statement of the reality of my world. I hope the more occasional version of this blog will be worthwhile and enjoyable.

Find me on Facebook if you want to see more of the daily stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment