Friday, February 01, 2013

Flashback Friday #1

(It's February 1st: Procrastinator's Old Years' Resolution Day.  To celebrate I think I'm gonna start a series of posts celebrating the near-seven year history of the blog.  Let's call it "Flashback Friday". In order to save you unnecessary clicking, I'm gonna try copying my original post below for now.)

This happened over five years ago.  The building was fixed up and turned into a very good but very short-lived Mexican restaurant a couple of years later.  I don't know what it is now.  It's crazy how some memories are etched in your mind like granite, but the places and things that made them can blow away like dust.

---


MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2007

Life goes on...

Things in life are in constant motion. Change occurs; it's the story of life.

The mention it because of this story that I heard on the radio this morning.

Though it means little to anyone else, for me I will always remember this little restaurant as the place where I asked Phil if I could marry his daughter. I could have taken you to the exact table--until yesterday evening at 7:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment