Thursday, May 08, 2008

Preparing for the home study

The story about the home study is that there really is no story. We spent a week preparing our house to be invaded by the KGB, and: nothing.

Now, we knew that it was supposed to be easier than it sounds, but at the same time we had a lot of regular cleaning to do, our yard was a mess, and the "extra bedrooms" that had become storage units had to look more like kid's rooms. Beside that, it was suggested that we "childproof" (who made up that word anyhow?) our house with plug covers and cabinet locks.

I think I may have really crossed the line when I decided to add to the whole thing a nice thorough pressure washing of the driveway and patio. There was another five hours of work that I created myself. ("You guys must be ready for kids--just look at that DRIVEWAY!")

So after a week of all of this I haven't felt like doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment