Friday, January 21, 2011

Let the romance begin.

Way back in September, I wrote this post. Of course, since then, we've had a lot of things change in our lives and I never got to the romantic stuff. But since this 10th anniversary year comes only once, I guess I should get started.

Love Song Mash-Up #1

The city's aflood
And our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled in dust
Now if you feel that you can't go on
Because all of your hope is gone
And your life is filled with much confusion
Until happiness is just an illusion
Let me be the one you come running to
I'll never be untrue
Just as time knew to move on since the beginning
And the seasons know exactly when to change
Just as kindness knows no shame
Know through all your joy and pain
That I'll be loving you always
Like an eagle protects his nest, for you I'll do my best
Stand by you like a tree, dare anybody to try and move me
Darling, in you I found
Strength where I was torn down
Don't know what's in store but together we can open any door
Sharin' horizons that are new to us
Watchin' the signs along the way
Talkin' it over just the two of us
Workin' together day to day
You'll keep me standing tall
You'll help me through it all
I'm always strong when you're beside me
Needed a friend
And the way I feel now I guess I'll be with you 'til the end
It’s so incredible, the way things work themselves out
And all emotional, once you know what it’s all about
And undesirable, for us to be apart
I never would’ve made it very far
’cause you know you got the keys to my heart
I hope you do believe me:
I've given you my heart.

Your love,
Eli

---

Can you identify any of these songs? (The person with the most correct gets some of those chalk candy hearts sent to them by mail, as long as they pay for the shipping...and the candy.)

1 comment:

  1. Can we identify any of these songs?
    "The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind."

    ReplyDelete