Sunday, June 03, 2012
A quick rundown of what we learned on Friday @ SCCA
(Running Away, Part Three will be coming soon, but for now we need to address this.)
Before we go out in public, I thought I should answer a few questions about Friday's appointment with the oncologists:
1. Anne-Marie's lymph nodes are completely clear.
2. The dr's want to do a complete body PET/MRI anyhow to be sure
3. They recommend following this up with 2 months of a more mild form of chemotherapy
4. This would be followed by surgery to remove the tumor
5. Next would be 4 to 6 more months of chemo
6. Then would begin 6 to 8 weeks of daily radiation treatments
7. After this, rehabilitation and reconstruction would begin
8. Last would be 5 years of medicinal treatment
Keep in mind these are the doctor's *recommendations* at this time. Things may change and we may decide they are not right for us. Thank you for your concern.
| More posts about recurrence
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment